It has been a week since we were also asked by the Google TV marketing team to do a guest blog post on the Google TV blog. Able Remote got promoted to the top banner in the Google TV Market 2 days after the blog post.
We thought it would be interesting to other developers to report on the impact it has had on our app.
We decided to compare the growth in the data for the last week (after the blog post) with the week before that (after being featured):
- Net installs [Market Developer Dashboard]: 115%
- In-app purchases [Market Developer Dashboard]: 157%
- Active users [Flurry Analytics]: 133%
- Web site traffic [Google Analytics]: 138% [visits], 134% [page views]
- Intro video views [YouTube Analytics]: 116%
- Ratings/comments [Market Developer Dashboard]: 153%
Getting featured and doing a guest blog post both significantly helped the numbers for Able Remote, but it seems that getting featured in the Google TV Market had a bigger impact.
Learn more about Able Remote.